Created : July 12, 2020
Debugging is the process of finding and fixing errors within a script.
Debugging in Chrome
- Open developer tools (
How to pause the code to debug
- While the code is paused, we can examine current variables, execute commands in the console etc. = we can debug it
- code editor안에서 breakpoint 설정할때 편함
- breakpoints 설정한후 페이지를 reload(
R)하면 자동으로 debugger가 실행됨
Paused on breakpoint
- Call Stack : shows the nested calls chain.
- Scope : current variables. (local / global)
Tracing the execution
Resume: continue the execution
Step: run the next command (모든 statement들을 하나하나씩 실행함)
Step over: run the next command, but don’t go into a function.
Step into: go into async code, waiting for them if necessary.
Step out: continue the execution and stop it at the very last line of the current function.
Pause on exceptions(automatic pause in case of an error) : When enabled, a script error automatically pauses the execution.