NPM (Node Package Manager)
Created : July 23, 2020
- When starting a new project, npm generates a
- npm saves packages in a
- The center of any Node.js project or npm package.
- Located in root level of project.
- Stores information about your project.
- Consists of a single JSON object where information is stored in key-value pairs.
Only two required fields -
- But it’s good practice to provide additional information about your project.
- should increment when you make incompatible API changes.
- add changes that won’t work with earlier versions.
- should increment when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner.
- add new features but neither of them break what worked before.
- should increment when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
Allow version upgrade
- To allow the latest PATCH updates, prefix it with the tilde (
- e.g. Allow to update to any 2.10.x version.
- To allow the latest MINOR updates and PATCH updates, prefix it with the caret (
- e.g. Allow to update to any 2.x.x version.
npm uninstall package